Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Ever have a bad day?

Everyone has had bad days, some are of course going to be worse than others. For example, I work with the public at my job selling shoes. It takes a whole lot of effort to keep from blasting some rude people in the face. For both of our sake I hold back, smile, and nod along like any other decent person would.

Once they leave the store I feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I think to myself; "I must be a good Christian to have put up with that person. Immediately after that thought the Holy Spirit tends to give me a well deserved slap on the back of the head, then Jesus whispers to my soul; "What if you were supposed to tell that person about me?

It is at times like these that I have to remember that every person that I encounter is possibly a person that I could be called to witness to at any moment. Every place that we go into from grocery stores to college classes need to be entered into with an attitude of prayer. Ask for help from the Holy Spirit to give you a nudge to go talk to someone, and of course for the courage to do that. Don't worry about whether or not you strike out or if the person laughs at you. You did what the Holy Spirit told you to do. That encounter where you were laughed at could have brought that person from a negative 10 to a negative 9 on the faith scale. Even for something as small as that, we should all rejoice!

So when you're having a bad day and you just want to scream at a few people, remember that every person is an evangelistic opportunity, and we have to love them as God loves us, and as we love each other.

2 comments:

  1. Could it be the voice which you claim to be the divine architect of the universe is simply the voice we all read with? Maybe our conscience? Maybe the guilt you are told to feel for not meeting the Evangelist's 'sales quota?' Maybe a portion of your subconscious which you attribute to your particular god, kept ever looming over you?

    Something to think about.
    -A Concerned Apostate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think it is. The voice is very clearly God, and I hope that one day you get to experience it too! Also, I wouldn't as much consider it a "sales quota" as I would loving people so much that you want them to experience everlasting life. No, this "voice" is filled with love and relationship, I promise you that it is God. But for real though, thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete