Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Beauty of God's Creation

I am a naturally grumpy person. I will probably be the angry old man that yells at kids, but I'll have fun. One day I was doing some work on my computer  and I was kind of grumpy because who wants to write a paper at 2 in the morning? Well it started raining as well, so I figured I might as well go to bed. I was thinking about how I don't like rain because its cold, wet, and generally uncomfortable.

Then I thought about how cool rain actually is. Seriously, think about it. Rain comes from so high up in the sky and comes down on us, it is a beautiful thing! Just precipitation in general is amazing, the fact that it works the way it does. If we could witness rain from beginning to end somehow I'm sure we would all be awed. I couldn't help but thank God for putting so much beauty in this world.

There is so much that we see every day that we pass by and don't even bother giving a second glance because it is so normal to us. God created such a beautiful world for us to enjoy. I'm not talking about only nature, God's creation includes humans! God is an amazing artist, that has created a world that even He said was good. Creation is cool!

When I laid down that night beside my wife, I wasn't grumpy anymore. I was content and happy thinking about how amazing God is and how His creation was absolutely amazing. Look at the stuff around you, I mean come on, things come out of the ground that we can eat! Take a close look at what is around you, be observant, and rejoice that we serve a wonderful God.

5 comments:

  1. There is great abundance all around us. We need to do as you say and just stop to realize the glory in what God has created for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a grump. Sometimes we just have to take a step back and realize we're getting worked up over insignificant things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife gets onto me all the time about getting worked up or frustrated over things that don't matter in the slightest. Sometimes I just need to step back and realize how beautiful this world is.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this! So true and easy to forget. Living in Oregon there is an abundance of rain, but that's why it's so green! God is truly so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So for some reason I was just now notified that you commented. So I'm sorry for the late reply. But thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete