Thursday, December 11, 2014

Growth During The Crucible

Remember the girl that I wrote about a while ago, whose father is in jail, won't write her, and her mother is in rehab for drug abuse? Well last night at youth she taught about forgiveness.
When she ran the lesson by me before we actually started youth I was so proud. She had a 30 minute lesson set up, 4 scripture references, an activity, small group discussion, and even a closing statement! This girl that has been raised in a dysfunctional home worked hard on a lesson that she knew that people needed to understand. The whole reason that she did this was so that people in the youth group would understand how important it is to forgive those that hurt us as Christians. Most adult Christians that I know don't understand the concept that a middle school girl taught about last night. The lesson that she taught last night was better than any work that I could have come up with at her age, I am expecting great things from this girl. To top it all off, after the lesson she told me that her mom wrote to her from rehab and said that she is trying to get better for her, that she misses, and loves her......
God uses people when they are at their lowest. Think about anyone in the Bible, even Jesus! What else could have been the low point in the life of Jesus rather than when he was being nailed to a cross? God used this little girl. And I am so glad that He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment