Tuesday, February 3, 2015

We're here!!!

I know its been a while and some of you have yelled at me about not posting anything for a while, but I was really busy. I promise I never stopped thinking about this blog. So without further adieu, let me announce that my wife and I have moved to Kentucky so that I can attend Asbury Theological Seminary!

This is a statue of John Wesley on the campus by the way.
Bonus picture of my wife standing in front of the U-haul with all of my stuff piled in it.

So yes I had to leave Easley First Wesleyan Church. That last Sunday, let me tell you what.. Tears GALORE. I never cry, I just don't. I'm not a very emotional person, but that last Sunday after my final sermon when I was saying goodbye to people I cried harder than I have ever cried in my entire adult life. And it was in front of everyone at the church. How embarrassing... I grew up with those people, I'm closer to the people at that church than I am to most members of my extended family. 

I'm going to miss this place so much.
Leaving the church obviously means that I am no longer the youth pastor. But God has blessed me tremendously in my youth ministry at Easley First Wesleyan Church. Let me sum up the youth ministry for you.
I started the youth ministry with literally no youth and I have scraped and clawed for every single inch that has been gained in the ministry. After 2.5 years as the Youth Pastor I ended up with a bunch of misfits that I lost sleep over and constantly worried about. I love these kids. I gave them everything that I could and I have watched them grow in leaps and bounds.

This is a picture of the last Wednesday night service that I am able to attend. 
The new youth pastor is the guy in the hat that is pointing at the camera. His name is Cass. If any of my readers decide to stop by Easley First make sure and give him a hard time for me. 

That's all for now, this has just been a sum up of my life recently. My next blog will be about Arminianism and Calvinism so that one will be fun and some people might be mad. But they are both valid theories. So stay tuned!
Thanks for reading.
Alex Gebert

No comments:

Post a Comment